There is nothing more invigorating at morning than a cup of fresh coffee. Similarly, there is nothing more frustrating than a malfunctioning coffee machine as you can have fresh coffee then.
But it is a matter of really pretty that repairing a coffee machine is very simple to perform. It requires only some basic tools. So, before tossing your coffee maker or defecting to the coffee shop to have a new one, let know how a coffee maker works and what you have to do when it doesn’t.
In this article, you will find how to detect the problems of your coffee machine and step-by-step guideline of repairing it. So, let’s check out.
What Can Wrong with a Coffee Maker Be?
A coffee machine can be faulty many ways. Such as it’s electric cords, timers, switches, heating elements, and thermostats, can become inoperable. Besides, there may cause an electric short with those damages components.
Some coffee makers may have fuses. These fuses blow before the damage.
How to Identify the Coffee Machine Problem?
You can be able to detect the problems with your coffee machine without testing anything. Just try the following steps and get detection of the problems.
- If your coffee machine doesn’t work at all, be sure that the power is on at the outlet. Check, the internal fuse, the thermostat or the electrical cord. Replace them as needed.
- When your coffee machine brews slowly, look into the hot water tube whether there are any minerals or debris. If there clean them.
- If your coffee machine doesn’t stay hot, check the heating element as well as the appliance controls.
- If your coffee machine leaks, test the gaskets or seals. Then replace them as needed
The important fact is that the cost of replacing some major component is nearly half of the price of a new coffee maker. So, if any major components fail, seriously consider before replacing the appliance.
What Material Do You Need to Repair Your Coffee Machine?
You may need some replacement parts to repair your coffee machine. You will find them in the manufacturer as well as aftermarket supplier.
The tools you may need for disassembly and repairing include these:
- Wrenches or nut drivers
What Are the Steps to Repair a Coffee Machine?
- First of all, unplug the machine from the electrical receptacle.
- Remove the basket and pot. Remove the water reservoir lid.
- Turn off the appliance and then remove all screws that hold the case halves. Lift the case over to dispatch the heating element as well as controls.
- To detect whether the solution is simple, just inspect the control cavity, debris, disconnected wire, etc. If you find it simple, then fix it. After that reassemble the parts and test. Or go to the next step.
- Use a multimeter for testing the heating and warming elements, the switch, timer, and thermostat.
- Replace the defective parts. You may have to replace any of the appliances.
- Reassemble the appliance. Reinstall the basket and pot.
- Fill the water reservoir about half full. plug in and turn on your espresso machine to test its operation.
Finally, I think you have understood now that repairing a coffee maker is not a tough task at all. You can easily do it yourself if you just follow the above-mentioned steps. But keep in mind that you will need some specific materials to do it. Collect it first. Otherwise, you may have to rush to market at the midway of your repairing.